Last Updated – March, 2019
ByteXL provides a platform that offers access to programming and coding courses, via the ByteXL website and domain name offered from time to time (collectively, the “Website”) and/or the ByteXL mobile application, if offered from time to time (the “Application” and together with the Website, the “ByteXL Service”). The ByteXL Service is owned and operated by KP2 Associates, LLC, a Texas limited liability (“ByteXL”, “we” or “us”).
We are always ready to address your questions and concerns regarding this policy and our privacy practices. If you would like to contact customer service, please contact us via [SPECIFY URL OR EMAIL ADDRESS].
- Types and Uses of Collected Information. ByteXL collects two types of information about you:
- Personally Identifiable Information. Personally Identifiable Information is information that identifies a specific person. When you engage in certain activities via the ByteXL Service, including but not limited to creating an account, participating in a course, sending feedback, or otherwise participating in the ByteXL Service (collectively, “Identification Activities”), we may ask you to provide certain information about yourself. If you elect to engage in an Identification Activity, however, we may ask you to provide us with certain personal information about yourself, such as your name, address (including zip code), email address and/or telephone number. When you enroll in the ByteXL Service, we may also ask you to provide us with additional information, such as credit card information. Depending on the Identification Activity, some of the information we ask you to provide may be identified as mandatory and some identified as voluntary. If you do not provide mandatory information for a particular Identification Activity, you will not be permitted to engage in that Identification Activity with the ByteXL Service. Depending on the Identification Activity, ByteXL may not re-ask you for Personally Identifiable Information if such are already stored with us.
For some portions of the ByteXL Service, credit or debit card account information may be required. By submitting your card information through the ByteXL Service, you agree to the sharing of this information with third-party payment processors. We provide card information to our third-party payment service providers in order to process your order. We do not store any card information ourselves. However, these third-party payment services may store your card information in accordance with their privacy policies. You should acquaint yourself with their policies.
We may also obtain information from other sources, such as third-party applications, services, sites that you use to connect to our sites. We may combine that information with information we collect on our sites.
We use Non-Personally Identifiable Information to troubleshoot, administer the ByteXL Service, analyze trends, gather demographic information, comply with applicable law, and cooperate with law enforcement activities. We may also share this information with our authorized Third Party Service Providers to measure the overall effectiveness of our products and services.
We may use collected information to provide you with services. We may use information for ensuring the safety of the ByteXL Service, services, features, content, environment, and third parties. We may use information for protecting the copyright, any kind of property rights of ByteXL, our users, and third parties.
- Release of Personally Identifiable Information. We will not sell or share your Personally Identifiable Information with other parties except as provided below:
- Authorized Third Party Service Providers. ByteXL may provide products and services through third parties. These “Third Party Service Providers” perform functions on our or your behalf. You or We may share your Personally Identifiable Information with such Third Party Service Providers to fulfill orders, move data in or out of the ByteXL Service, analyze data, operate the ByteXL Service, troubleshoot and provide customer service. We may also provide personal information to individuals and companies with whom we have business relationships and may share your information with Third Party Service Providers to accomplish our administrative tasks. However, the use of your Personally Identifiable Information by such parties is governed by the privacy policies of such parties and is not subject to our control.
- Release of Non-Personally Identifiable Information. We may disclose or share Non-Personally Identifiable Information with Third Party Service Providers and the general public. For example, we may share aggregated demographic information (which does not include any Personally Identifiable Information) or use Third Party Service Providers to track and analyze Non-Personally Identifiable usage and volume statistical information from our users to administer the ByteXL Service. We may also publish this aggregated information for promotional purposes. Such data is collected on our behalf, and is owned and used by us.
We may use Third Party Service Providers to serve ads when you participate in the ByteXL Service. These companies may use Non-Personally Identifiable Information about your visits and use of the ByteXL Service, and visits to other websites or locations in order to provide, through the use of network tags, advertisements about goods and services that may be of interest to you.
- Updating Information. If you are enrolled in the ByteXL Service, you may change any of your Personally Identifiable Information by logging into your account and accessing the [insert “User Profile Page” section of the ByteXL Service]. We encourage you to promptly update your Personally Identifiable Information if it changes, as out-of-date Personally Identifiable Information may negatively affect the quality of your ByteXL Service experience.
- Choices on Collection/Use of Information. You can always choose not to provide certain information, although a certain level of information is required to engage and participate in the ByteXL Service. You cannot opt-out of Administrative Emails. “Administrative Emails” relate to your activity on the ByteXL Service, and include but are not limited to emails regarding your account, requests or inquiries, and purchases of products and services. If you do not want to receive promotional emails from us, you may elect to opt-out of receiving promotional emails at any time after registering by e-mailing us at [EMAIL ADDRESS] or by hitting the “unsubscribe” button at the bottom of any of our e-mails. If you would like to delete your profile, please write to our technical support and we will assist you. In your Private Profile, you have a check box indicating whether you want to receive promotions and notifications from our company or not.
- Security of Information. You can access your Personally Identifiable Information via the ByteXL Service with your password and username. This password is encrypted. We advise against sharing your password with anyone. If you access your account via a third-party site or service, you may have additional or different sign-in protections via that third-party site or service. You need to prevent unauthorized access to your account and Personal Information by selecting and protecting your password and/or other sign-in mechanism appropriately and limiting access to your computer, browser, or mobile device by signing off after you have finished accessing your account. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of user information at any time. In the event that we believe that the security of your information may have been compromised, we may seek to notify you of that development. In addition, your Personally Identifiable Information resides on a secure server that only selected personnel and contractors have access to. We encrypt certain sensitive information using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology to ensure that your Personally Identifiable Information is safe as it is transmitted to us. However, no data transmission can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we employ commercially reasonable security measures to protect data and seek to partner with companies that do the same, we cannot guarantee the security of any information transmitted to or from or via the ByteXL Service, and we are not responsible for the actions of any third parties that may receive any such information.
- Data Tracking.
- Other Tracking Devices. We may use other industry standard technologies like pixel tags and web beacons to track your use of the ByteXL Service, or we may allow our Third Party Service Providers to use these devices on our behalf. When you access the ByteXL Service or open or click an email, pixel tags and web beacons generate a Non-Personally Identifiable notice of that action. Pixel tags allow us to measure and improve our understanding of visitor traffic and behavior on the ByteXL Service, as well as give us a way to measure our promotions and performance. We may also utilize pixel tags and web beacons provided by our marketing partners for the same purposes.
- Privacy Settings. As a user, you may have limited access to privacy settings. These settings help hide information you wish to share with other users and/or the public. It is up to you to select the appropriate privacy settings. If you don’t agree with the available privacy settings, please stop using the ByteXL Service.
- Public Areas. We may provide areas on the ByteXL Service where you can publicly post information or can communicate with others such as on forums. This information may be accessible by other users and companies and may appear on other websites or web searches, and therefore this information could be read, collected, and used by others. We have no control over who reads your postings or what other users may do with the information you voluntarily post, so please use caution when posting any content or providing anything that could be deemed personal information.
- Notice of Privacy Rights to California Residents. California law requires that we provide you with a summary of your privacy rights under the California Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”) and the California Business and Professions Code. As required by COPPA, we will provide you with the categories of Personally Identifiable Information that we collect through the ByteXL Service and the categories of third party persons or entities with whom such Personally Identifiable Information may be shared for direct marketing purposes at your request. California law requires us to inform you, at your request, (1) the categories of Personally Identifiable Information we collect and what third parties we share that information with; (2) the names and addresses of those third parties; and (3) examples of the products marketed by those companies. COPPA further requires us to allow you to control who you do not want us to share that information with. To obtain this information, please send a request by email or physical mail to the address found below. When contacting us, please indicate your name, address, email address, and what Personally Identifiable Information you do not want us to share with our marketing partners. The request should be sent to the attention of our legal department, and labeled “California Customer Choice Notice.” Please allow 30 days for a response. Also, please note that there is no charge for controlling the sharing of your Personally Identifiable Information or requesting this notice.
COPPA requires that online service providers obtain parental consent before they knowingly collect Personally Identifiable Information online from children who are under 13. Therefore, we only collect Personally Identifiable Information through the ByteXL Service from a child under 13 where that student’s parent, or that student’s school, district, and/or teacher has agreed to obtain parental consent for that child to use the Services and disclose personal information to us. If you are a student under 13, please do not send any Personally Identifiable Information about yourself to us if parent or your school, district, and/or teacher has not obtained this prior consent from your parent and please do not send any Personally Identifiable Information other than what we request from you in connection with the ByteXL Service.
- Children. If you become aware that your child has provided us with personal information without your consent, please contact us at [SPECIFY URL OR EMAIL ADDRESS]. If we become aware that a child has provided us with personal information without parental or guardian consent, we take steps to remove such information and terminate the child’s account.